I’m one of those people who have a really hard time reading between the lines. I’m trying to get better at it but I prefer clarity over confusing guessing games.
What’s with playing games anyway? I believe there are much healthier ways to interact and send someone a message without triggering insecurity and unworthiness in them…
Or maybe it’s just me, I don’t know how this thing works. No clue.
But I do know that misunderstanding always stems from miscommunication. And I think all the games we play have a lot to do with the fact we don’t understand each other.
We are so afraid to be vulnerable that we don’t realize that vulnerability is power. It is the cornerstone of success, great relationships and friendships. If you never show your soft side, they will never know who you truly are and you will never know if they love you for who you are.
As far as I’m concerned, nobody reads minds.
We can feel and use our intuition alright, but, our map of reality influences how we perceive.
While you may think making me jealous with someone else would get my attention, maybe from my perspective the message I read is that you like that other person better and I should go away. On top of that, it might really hurt me in the process making me think you don’t care about me.
Another example. Say you choose to ignore someone you like to make them chase you, but you never hear from them instead. While from your perspective you think they are not interested, from their point of view ignoring them was a sign that you were not interested.
Do you see how guessing games lead to awful communication? Don’t expect people to always read between the lines, especially if you hurt them in your communication. Chances are if you make them upset, the message you’re trying to get across will never be heard.
There are better ways to communicate your feelings and desires. You don’t need to make someone cry or angry to get their attention.
Triggering sadness or anger in some people can not only drive them away, but it can trigger sadness and anger in you for not being clearly heard.
So you see…
Miscommunication affects not only the other person but also you. Mostly you. Why? Because if you are never heard, you will start feeling unloved, insecure and unworthy.
There are several good ways to be heard but here just a few…
1) Let go of your ego : your relationship or friendship should be more important than your desire to be right. It only hurts your ego to apologize first. Your soul absolutely loves it. Your hang-ups are not serving you, are they?
2) Stop playing guessing games : nobody reads minds so stop sending mixed signals that nobody understands but you.
3) Get out of your fucking head : only you live inside of you. If you don’t speak up, no one can hear you.
4) Elevate your heart : the world is already full of apathy, anger, dishonesty, depression and sadness. Do you really need to add up to the mix? Work on your emotional intelligence. Don’t hurt people just because you’re hurt. They will not understand you.
5) Try coming from a higher place : the high road my friend. Feels great up there. It’s a fucking hell down there.
Communicate. Speak up. Stop being afraid.
It’s okay to release control.
It’s okay to be vulnerable.
Let it out and move on.
The Universe got your back.
And If the outcome is different from your expectations, trust that it is protection. Redirection.
At least you got it out of your system.
Infinite love, health, healing, wealth, success, happiness, awareness, peace and wisdom your way